Thursday, April 19, 2007

Variety is the spice of life

I went to my second kickboxing class last night. I am not sure if having withdrawals from my meds is affecting my attention span or if what we were doing was just more complicated. I don’t know why I expected the same routines as last week. If we did the same thing every week, that would be boring.

Its interesting when I look at the people in my class its like I’ve known them. It reminds me of when I first started working for Clearly Lasik, at the time King and Mockovak Lasik. I was comfortable around them, I felt like I knew all of them. As if they were going to be people that I would get to know well and would be a regular part of my life. Its good for me to be feeling this for my fellow classmates because it means that I will be there for a long time, that I will continue to attend the school. (www.leadingedgekickboxing.com)

My partner last night was great. Her name is Holly and she is another red head. It may have been a mistake to have asked her to partner up because I think I got more of a work-out from giggling then from kickboxing. She was really sweet and encouraging.

I also did cardio on the elliptical before my class. I was so exhausted last night. Thirty minutes of cardio and an hour of kickboxing. I love that when the teacher, John, says to put the equipment away when class is over I am thinking, “Why?” then I look at the clock and discover that class is over. It goes by so quick.

So what’s funnier then watching a person walk into a sliding glass door? Watching your dog do it! Willow thought that I was about to open the door while we were outside and she banged right into it. I was almost on the ground from laughing so much. Hopefully there is no brain damage.

At some point in the middle of the night she managed to eat almost and entire 6 inch subway veggie patty sandwich and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. I don’t know how she did it. That thing was HALF HER SIZE!!! I was so pissed. I still am. I will probably get another one on the way home from the gym tonight. Just because I always get a twelve inch sandwich, eat half, and then save the rest for later. I will feel incomplete if I can’t start that process over again and not follow through. This time I won’t leave them on the coffee table.

xo

No comments: