Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Knittin' Fool



My toes are cold .. 

So here is a photo of me wearing my latest thrift store sweater creation. I bought this multi purple yarn at Value Village awhile ago, i would almost say last year maybe. I like to go to thrift stores, find sweaters that seem simple to pull apart, pull them apart, make them into several balls of yarn, then store them for months. Eventually, i take them out and make scarves or hats with them. 

I will usually mix them with other colors but this yarn had so many different shades of purple, that it was difficult to match anything with it. I am sort of anal that way. I gave it to my friend, Anthony, for his birthday. He loved it! :) 

Another friend of mine at work was also wearing a scarf i made for her birthday last winter and i got so many compliments that i got a holiday order! Six scarves and a hat! On top of that i have more Birthday and Christmas gifts planned! I am going to be a busy knitter this season. My fingers might fall off by the end of December. 

At least I'll be able to catch up on my Netflix queue. 

xoxo

No comments: